Data Gumbo is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience from Software Development and the Oil & Gas industry, and looking for talented full-stack software developers.
Data Gumbo is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience from Software Development and the Oil & Gas industry, and looking for talented full-stack software developers with experience within cloud solutions such as MS Azure, Amazon or Google Cloud. Data Gumbo provides industry with a trusted transactional network to automate contract execution for tomorrow’s leaders through GumboNet™, a massively interconnected blockchain network. With integrated real-time capabilities that power smart contracts, our network reduces contract leakage, frees up working capital, enables real-time cash and financial management and delivers provenance with unprecedented speed, accuracy, visibility and transparency. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Data Gumbo has a subsidiary office in Stavanger, Norway. For more information, visit www.datagumbo.com or follow on LinkedIn, @DataGumbo and Facebook.
Reports To: VP, Product Delivery
Company Location: Innovation Dock, Stavanger, Norway
Data Gumbo is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience from Software Development and the Oil & Gas industry, to join our team in Stavanger Norway. You will be responsible for leading a development team and working together with your DG colleagues in other locations. Software development will both be for our internal Data Gumbo products, and towards customer implementations. You will work hand in hand with our design and implementation teams.
The position is a full-time, permanent position.
Deadline: ASAP, we will review candidates continuously.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Manage Agile software development projects from beginning to finish, solving problems as you go.
· Provide project status as necessary to stakeholders.
· Participate in creating architecture initiatives and standards and incorporate technical roadmap into project tasks.
· Communicate customer needs to our product & technology teams and advise on development priorities.
· Work well with others throughout the organization to align product development with corporate goals and objectives.
· Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to ensure successful communication.
· Ensure top quality code reviews to ensure technical compliance and alignment with business goals.
· Participate in continuous process redesign to build a high performing culture.
· 5-10 years of relevant experience within Oil & Gas industries
· Project management experience required. Project management certification is an advantage.
· Relevant education at BSc or MSc level.
· Must be fascinated by, and have knowledge of, what IT and data management can (and cannot) achieve, in addition to challenges and opportunities digitalization presents
· 5+ years’ experience leading full stack software development production systems, using Scrum/Agile-style frameworks and processes. Experience with prioritizing new features vs technical debt.
· Excellent verbal/written communications skills with ability to translate between the business and technical lingo. Not afraid of writing.
· Experience with global projects including deliverables in multiple countries and working with international teams
· Proven track record of meeting ambitious software development calendars and a reputation for both setting and hitting deadlines
· Passion for software development with an understanding of Technical Architecture and how that interacts with infrastructure and business features
· The discipline to keep business team up-to-date on ever-changing deadlines, scope of work, priorities, and development resources
· Ability to assess and calculate risk and manage client and business expectations depending on results
· Ability to guard against scope creep and enforce change management in internal and external projects
· Basic understanding of web technologies and databases, Microsoft office tools
· Positive attitude and able to work independently
· Team player
Company Location: Innovation Dock, Stavanger, Norway
Data Gumbo is looking for talented full-stack software developers with experience within cloud solutions such as MS Azure, Amazon or Google Cloud. Data Gumbo offers Blockchain As A Service (BaaS) within Oil & Gas, Shipping and Logistics, to automate transactions, reduce inefficiencies and guarantee execution of terms using Blockchain Smart Contracts.
Key responsibilities for the position:
· Design and development of software products.
· Software development in accordance with best practices, concept and design review, implementation and release.
· Preferred experience with multi-platform architecture both for desktop and web development.
· Testing the prototypes and creating the design documents.
· Collaborate with multi discipline project team domestic and abroad.
Qualifications and experience:
· Experience in .NET/C#, .NET Core, Java, Java script, HTML5, SQL, React/Angular/Vue
· Good communication skills.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
· Experience in participating in new product development team.
· Knowledge of Microservice patterns and cloud architecture.
The position requires the candidate to be flexible, and to enjoy working both in teams and on independent basis. The candidate must thrive in a dynamic work environment. The ideal candidate has a structured and methodological approach, with attention to details.
Start date, to be mutually agreed.
Candidates with a junior profile are welcome to apply.
Senior: ~8 years experience
Junior: ~2 years experience
What we offer you:
· An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future
· A chance to join an engaging team of brilliant people with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
· High level of autonomy and opportunity to have influence on decisions
· Minimal bureaucracy and overhead, with focus on agility and speed
· Flexible working hours
· Competitive salary
· Pension and insurance arrangements
· Relaxed working environment in modern office setting at Innovation Dock. https://innovationdock.no
Please submit your application by mail to Merethe Berk:
Phone: +47 930 59 890